Founded in 1995 by the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC), Community HealthCorps is the largest health-focused, national AmeriCorps program that promotes health care for America’s underserved, while developing tomorrow’s health care workforce.
The mission of Community HealthCorps is to improve health care access and enhance workforce development for community health centers through national service programs.
The vision of Community HealthCorps is to become a national service pipeline for careers in community health centers that is improving access to necessary primary and preventative care services for the medically underserved.
What do Community HealthCorps Members Do?
Community HealthCorps Members perform service activities in five primary focus areas:
We WELCOME ALL Insurance including Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid
What are the goals of Community HealthCorps?
Why Serve with Community HealthCorps?
Community HealthCorps is a community service and professional development opportunity wrapped into one. This experience enables you to do great things for communities in need while getting in-person training and exposure in the health field.
By serving with us, you would:
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Learn specific transferable skills in the community healthcare field and primary care environment
- Become a strong leader by addressing health issues like childhood obesity and financial literacy
- Gain insight in serving in non-profit, federally qualified health center settings
- Plan large-scale events (e.g. AmeriCorps Week) and service projects
- Gain personal satisfaction of taking on challenges and seeing results
- Making lifelong friends with a common interest in health and community service
Term of Service
Community HealthCorps Members serve a minimum of 1,700 service hours over a 10 to 12 month period.
To Schedule or Cancel an Appointment
please CALL 703.535.5568